Serge Forest is a an industry veteran and successful entrepreneur in the market of software for telecom and Contact Center operators. This blog comments on company initiatives, industry trends, technology and business.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Orlando-bound

For a 5th year in a row, I'm heading to Genesys' G-Force user conference. For those who have lived on another planet the last 15 years, Genesys is a leading Call Center software vendor, a subsidiary of Alcatel-Lucent. This year the conference is in Orlando. Wow, what a difference 5 years make. I remember my first conference. I was the sole representative or a 4-person company at the time, Paraxip. Still, there was enough interest from the company and its customer to have a very productive conference, that generated very interesting business for our little operation.

Fast-forward 5 years and now we are a key Gvalidated component of some of the most important and prestigious Genesys IP Contact Center deployments, all over the world. On top of being one of the exhibitors to show our products, the Genesys booth itself will have a few demos running with our underlying technology (NetBorder Gateway, Call Analyzer and Agent Bridge). Furthermore, we are now sponsoring/exhibiting as Sangoma Technologies (we were previously going to the conference as Paraxip), and I'm now going there as VP Marketing of Sangoma (TSXV:STC).

It's really amazing to see the growth we've been able to create inside Genesys and within their channel and customer base. I firmly believe that very large companies such as Genesys have no choice but to embrace partnerships with smaller tech companies in order to continue bringing innovation to their market. I'm just glad Genesys 'got it' and that we were there at the right time and with the right solution.

While I'm in Orlando, I can't afford not to go visit one of my earliest and favorite customer: Voxeo. I can't wait to see what Jonathan, RJ and the gang are up to these days. I've been impressed with their launch of their new telephony in the cloud offering: tropo.com. In case you have not seen it, go check it out. They are really taking a serious attempt at tackling the long tail (in the marketing distribution sense) of programmers who know nothing about telephony but who surely have great ideas of new services and applications to develop. They have made it so simple, even I could write a telephony app in their cloud...No comment please!

Hopefully, the weather there is better than in Montreal, and I can have dinner on a terrasse one of the nights.

1 comment:

  1. Would love to see more posts. Insights from Sangoma is helpful as an investor.

    Thanks,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete